Water Damage in Maryland Homes
There are lots of causes of water damage in Maryland Homes. Some of the major causes of water damages in homes are known to be caused either by the broken pipes, appliances which have malfunctioned, drains which have been blocked and any other cause. The best way of treating water damage normally depends with the type and cause of damage. Most of the water damage is normally known to contain very harmful contaminants which at times can be very hazardous to both our health and environment, like mold or bacteria.
The process of restoring water damage in Maryland homes is normally determined by the speed at which either the building or the property can always be dried up. There is normally a very high risk of growing mold in case the area is not dried up in either one or two days. Mold normally have a very negative effect to our environment as it’s known to have a negative effect on our air quality, especially indoors.
What to do in case of water damage
The following is a list of processes one can always perform in case of water damage in Maryland Homes.
- Always have the wet areas ventilated. In case its summer, always turn on the air conditioning to accelerate drying while during the winter you will always have the need of open the windows.
- Always remove any standing water by either vacuuming, mopping or sponging.
- In case a wall has been affected by water damage, you have to remove any of the paintings or art work
- Remove the saturated rugs and carpets when the hard wood floors are at risk.
- For drying to occur on the inside cabinets and drawers, always open them up.
There are also some things one should stop doing in case of water damage. They include;
- Stop using the TVs or any other type of appliances while they are standing on a wet carpet or floor. This can always cause very serious injuries.
- Stop using heat in order to dry up any wet area. This may result in mildew or extend moisture to dry areas.
- Always avoid leaving the wet bricks in place. Always have them spaced apart and dried up as soon as possible.
Some of the services you can always seek out for incase of a water damage in Maryland includes;
- Complete removal of water
- Drying and Dehumidifying
- Sanitization and disinfection of the water damaged area
- The removal of any mold
- Remodeling and structural repairs