No one can anticipate a flash flood, storm or a burst pipe, worst off are the damages left behind by the water. If not recovered rapidly water damage may result in rapid mold growth that will require professional mold removal. Water will go in to all building materials if you let it. After working as a specialist at EnviroCare Water Damage Restoration for over 10 years, we’ve learned water has a mind of its own and even after so long in the water damage industry, water still manage to surprise us.
EnviroCare is obligated to follow the IICRC S500 and S520 standards for water damage and mold remediation. Following those standards ensures the safety of the occupants dwelling in the property and prevents re-occurrence of mold growth.
Water Damage & Mold
When you have water damage, its very important to address it promptly for a very simple reason, if you have water damage, you will get mold! Water is the one ingredient that’s missing for mold to start growing. Removing the moister with prevent mold growth.
Tips to Prevent Water Damage
Following some easy steps will help prevent water damage and save you a lot of headache and money.
- Check for Wet Areas Indoors
- Repair Roof Leaks Immediately
- Re-caulk your bathrooms every year
- Keep AC Running In the Summer
- Place Dehumidifier in Basement
- Treat AC drains with bleach before summer
- Treat Washing Machine Drains Regularly
- Water Proof Brick Center Blocks
- Clear Gutters & Check for Leaks
- Extend Gutter Drain Away From Home Foundation
- Flood- Call A Water Damage Professional Immediately